Dr. T.Saritha Jyostna
Designation: Professor & Vice Principal
Department: Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Research Interest: Design And Synthesis Of Dithiocarbamate Substituted Heterocyclic Compounds As Novel Chemotherapeutic Agents Targeting Serine / Threonine Kinases.
B. Pharmacy.from UCPSc., Kakatiya University, Warangal in August, 1994.
M. Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, in April,1997
Ph.D: Awarded in July, 2010 from UCPSc., Kakatiya University, Warangal.
Project Title: Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Novel Heterocyclic compounds as Possible Chemotherapeutic Agents.
Teaching Experience: 23 years
August 2012 to till date
- Professor at Sarojini Naidu Vanita Pharmacy Maha Vidyalaya, Exhibition Grounds, Hyderabad.
April 2010 to July 2012
- Associate Professor at Sarojini Naidu Vanita Pharmacy MahaVidyalaya, Exhibition Grounds, Hyderabad.
January 2006 to October 2009
- Associate Professor at Sri Venkateshwara College of Pharmacy, Hi-tech city, Hyderabad
January 1998 to December 2005
- Asst. Professor at Sri Venkateswara College of Pharmacy, Hi-tech city, Hyderabad.
Fellowships and Awards:
- Research Fellowship from University Grants Commission, India (19951997).
- Research Fellowship from All India Council for Technical Education, India (2006-2009)
- Young Performer Award-2016 from Association of Pharmacy Professionals.
Research Projects Sanctioned:
- Telangana State Council of Science and Technology (TSCOST), Government of India sanctioned Rs. 3.17 Lakhs for the academic year 2016-2017.
Publications: Peer reviewed national and international – 31
- M. Pharm – 20; ongoing- 01
- B. Pharm – 01
Key Speaker in 2nd Indo-West Indies conference titled “Global Research Trends and Challenges in Pharmaceutical Sciences” Organised by Association of Pharmacy Professionals and V.V.Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Gudlavalleru, Andhra Pradesh on 20thJuly, 2016.
- Oral and Poster Presentations (7)
- Work Shops Attended (5)
- Evaluator for presentations in conferences (4)
- Participated in Conferences (30)
- Reviewer for few journals.
- Course writer for the “B.Sc. Drug Chemistry” both theory and practical manual offered by Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Open University in collaboration with Dr.Reddy’s Laboratory.
- Video lesson on Sulfonation for B.Sc. Drug Chemisty for III yr students recorded at B.R.Ambedkar Open University Studio.
- Video lesson on chemical analysis for B.Sc. Drug Chemistry I yr students, telecasted in Doordarshan.
- Life member, Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA), India
- Life member, Association of Pharmacy Professionals (APP), India.
- Registered Pharmacist, Pharmacy Council of India, India.
Professional Body recognition
- Secretary, Association of Pharmacy Professionals (APP), Telangana State, India
Hobbies – Gardening and Travelling to different places.