Dr. Vemuri Jyothi
- DESIGNATION & POSITION : Professor & Principal
- DEPARTMENT: Pharmacognosy
- E-MAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
- RESEARCH INTEREST : Exploring the significance of traditional system of medicine by Herbal drugs.
- B. Pharmacy from Maharaja Sayaji Rao University of Baroda, 1990.
- M. Pharmacy in Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry from Maharaja Sayaji Rao University of Baroda, 1993.
- Ph.D: Awarded in 2018 from JNTUH, Hyderabad.
- Submitted Project work titled “Studies on aerial parts of Fumaria Indica as traditional medicament in Liver disorders for award of M.pharmacy.
- Awarded PhD for the research work titled “Comparative account on the Pharmacological Evaluation of Two Cuscuta Species” from JNTUH.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE :
- Has 20 years in teaching and administration.
- Presently working as Principal from 2017-till date at Sarojini Naidu Vanita Pharmacy Maha Vidyalaya
- Worked as I/c Principal at from 2011-2016 at Sarojini Naidu Vanita Pharmacy Maha Vidyalaya
- Worked as Associate Professor from 2006-2011 at Sarojini Naidu Vanita Pharmacy Maha Vidyalaya
- Worked as Senior Lecturer from 2004-2006 at Sarojini Naidu Vanita Pharmacy Maha Vidyalaya.
- Joined Sarojini Naidu Vanita Pharmacy Maha Vidyalaya in the year 2000 as Lecturer.
INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE :
- 5 years Industrial Experience as Quality control and Production Chemist.
EXTRA CURICULLAR ACTIVITIES:
- Course writer for the “B.Sc. Drug Chemistry” both theory and Practical manual offered by B.R.Ambedkar Open University in collaboration with Dr.Reddy’s Laboratory.
- Convener EAMCET-2015
- Actively participates in various college activities like Annual day Celebrations, Orientation day, Sports, Ethnic day, Fresher’s day and during College Building inauguration and Decennial Celebrations
- Co-Convener for PERCEPT-2020” organized by University college of Technology, Osmania University and consortium of affiliated pharmacy colleges, Hyderabad, Telangana (13th and14th March, 2020)
- Was Coordinator for NBA accreditation process
- Played a vital role in Shifting of the college from Exhibition Grounds Nampally to the present premises at Tarnaka
- Monitored the introduction of the Pharm D Course in the year -2016,
- Chief Superintendent for the Theory and Practical exams conducted by Osmania University
- External and Internal Examiner for Pharmacy Examinations
- Question Paper setting for Osmania University and Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Open University
- Faculty for GPAT coaching at Hyderabad Academy.
PROFESSIONAL BODY MEMBERSHIP:
1. Indian Pharmaceutical Association : TS/HYD/LM/00800
2. Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India : TL/LM-785
3. Association of Pharmacy Profession : APP/TG/LM-061/15
4. Registered Pharmacist Pharmacy Council of India : 39883/A1
- CONFERENCES/SEMINARS ATTENDED: 10 National & 2 International conferences.
- RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS : 7
- DISSERTATIONS GUIDED: Guided M. Pharmacy Students.
- Watching Sports-Cricket, Lawn tennis, Badminton, Table tennis.
- Listening to Music and watching Movies.