Designation: Professor & Director
- Exploring various novel drug delivery systems for drug targeting
- Validation of novel chromatographic bioanalytical techniques & application to clinical pharmacokinetics
- Epidemiological & clinical research projects of relevance to public health care
- Training on the practical aspects of clinical research & global drug regulations.
- B. Pharmacy from UCPSc., Kakatiya University, Warangal in November, 1991.
- M. Pharmacy in Pharmaceutics from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, in March, 1997. Project Title: Targeting inflammatory sites using liposome encapsulated Diclofenac sodium.
- Ph.D Awarded in 2009 from JNTUH, Hyderabad.
- Project Title: Development and validation of novel chromatographic bio-analytical procedures of some antiinfectives, drugs used in metabolic & gastrointestinal disorders and application to pharmacokinetics.
Teaching Experience: (Total 24 years)
- Worked as Professor & Dean-Academics in Bharat Institute of Technology (Pharmacy), Hyderabad from 27-06-2019 to 23-01-2021.
- Worked as Professor & Principal in Malla Reddy Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dhulapally, Secunderabad from 18-01-2012 to 31-05-2019.
- Worked as Associate Professor & Vice-Principal in Institute of Clinical Research India, Hyderabad Campus from 21-08-2008 to 16-01-2012.
- Worked as Associate Professor in Sarojini Naidu Vanita Pharmacy Maha Vidyalaya, Hyderabad from 09-02-1998 to 20-08-2008.
- Worked as Lecturer in Pharmaceutics in Sri Venkateswara College of Pharmacy, Hyderabad from 01.04.1997 to 07.2.1998
Industrial Experience: 3 years
Research Publications: National- Nil. & International: 47
Research Paper Presentations: 7 National & 3 International conferences.
- UGC – Sponsored FDP Programs – 3 Lectures
- AICTE sponsored QIP Programs – 3 Lectures
Faculty Development Programs Attended: 2
- Presented a scientific paper on Microspheres drug delivery system for Diclofenac sodium in the session of Pharmaceutical Technology in 48th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress (IPC), Chennai,
- Resource person for AICTE sponsored QIP and delivered lectures on “Role of Various Stake Holders in Clinical Trial Projects” at UCPSc., Kakatiya University, Warangal on 31st August,
- Resource person for AICTE sponsored QIP on “Advances in Pharmacology & Therapeutics” and delivered lectures on “Clinical Trial Opportunities & Key Players” and “USFDA Drug Approval Process- an Overview” at , Kakatiya University, Warangal on 31st August, 2012.
- Delivered a lecture on “Global Drug Regulations” in a National conference on Industrial Pharmacy organized jointly by the Indian Pharmaceutical Association & Peters Institute of Pharmaceutical sciences, Warangal.
- Presented a paper on “Liposomes as carriers for vaccines” at a National Conference on Recent Advances in Recombinant DNA Technology organized by the Indian Academy of Vaccinology and Immunology,
- Delivered lectures on “Quality Assurance in Clinical Trials” and “Regulatory Issues in Clinical Research” in a National workshop on Clinical Research Methodology in Unani Medicine organized by Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine, dept. of Ayush, of India on 14th February, 2012.
- Delivered a lecture on “Problems of Interpretation & Extrapolation of Data from Multinational Clinical Trials” in a National conference organized jointly by Malla Reddy Medical College for Women and Association of Health and Hospital Administrators on 1st August,
- Presented a paper on “Liposomal Drug Delivery of Flurbiprofen” in a International Conference on Innovations in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Organized by GNIT School of Pharmacy, Hyderabad on 30th July, 2016
- Design of B.Sc (Drug Science) curriculum, editor & course writer for various subjects of Drug Technology for B.Sc (Drug Science) program of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University,
- Resource person for UGC sponsored three week Refresher course on “Acquiring and Improving Skills of Drug Designing to Achieve Goals of Pharmaceutical Research” and delivered lecture on “Global Drug Regulations” on 29th June, 2015 at UGC-HRD centre, JNTUH,
- Resource person for UGC sponsored three week Refresher course on “ Knowledge sharing Enables and Barriers in Pharmaceutical R&D” and delivered lectures on “Clinical Development of Pharmaceuticals – Choosing a Project & Risk Minimization” and “Effective Coordination & Management of Clinical Trial Projects” on 30th November, 2016 at UGC-HRD centre, JNTUH,
TRAINING PROGRAMS ATTENDED
Participated in Training program “Basics of Good Clinical practice” held on 18th & 19th March 2014 at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad organized by Clinical Development Services Agency (CDSA).
- Participated in the Awareness Program on “Current regulatory Requirements for Members of Institutional Ethics Committee” held on 7th & 8th October 2014 at Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad organized by Clinical Development Services Agency (CDSA).
- Participated in workshop on Recent Trends and Career development in Clinical Research workshop- India at Bhaskara Auditorium Birla Science Centre on 19th November
REFRESHER COURSES ATTENDED
||Short Term Quality Improvement program sponsored by A.I.C.T.E on “Recent Advances in Pharmaceutical Instrumentation” organized
by University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Warangal, A.P in 2004
|24-02-2004 to 05-03-2004
||Two week Refresher Course on Quality Improvement program sponsored by A.I.C.T.E on “Advances in Pharmacology & Therapeutics” organized by University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Warangal, A.P in 2009.
||27/8/2009 to 07/09/2009
||NPTEL course on Introduction to Biostatistics through SWAYAM Program, Govt. of India, offered by IIT, Bombay.
(AICTE approved FDP course)
|14/09/2020 to 06/11/2020
||Creative Problem Solving, Innovation and Meaningful R&D- an Online SWAYAM Course offered by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research, Chandigarh.
(AICTE approved FDP course)
|10/09/2020 to 11/11/2020
||Institutional Management & Administrative Procedures- an Online SWAYAM Course offered by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research, Chandigarh. (AICTE approved FDP course)
||10/09/2020 to 11/11/2020
Conferences Organized & Attended: Convener for 14 National Conferences and attended several National conferences & workshops.
PhD project title: Synthesis and biological evaluation of Nitrogen containing heterocyclic Compounds
Memberships: Life Member of IPA & APTI
Project Guidance: B.Pharm.- 16, Pharm.D – 8, projects, M. Pharm.- 70 & Ph.D: Guiding 2 projects.
Hobbies: Cycling, Playing Cricket, Chess & Carroms.