Department: Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Research Interest: Synthesis of Heterocyclic Molecules. Rational drugdesign, phytochemical analysis, Insilico Studies and Screening for pharmacological activities
PhD project title: Synthesis and biological evaluation of Nitrogen containing heterocyclic Compounds
HOD: Pharmaceutical Chemistry from 2021
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam in 2011.
- M.Pharm in pharmaceutical chemistry from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam in
- B.Pharmacy from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam in 1995.
- D.Pharmacy from Kamala Nehru polytechnic for women, Hyderabad in 1990.
- 22 years5months in this college As a Lecturer from 10th February 1999 to 2003, As a Sr. Lecturer from 2004 to 2008 March, As an Associate Professor from 2008 April to 2015 April and as Professor from May 2015 till date.
Awards/Achievements/Professional Body recognitions:
- Received First prize in e-poster presentation titled “Synthesis and Evaluation of Thiadiazole derivatives” on 10th -12th November-2020 organized by JSS Mysuru Association with AICTE
- Received 2nd Prize for poster titled “Marine natural products as Antineoplastic agents” in 2-day national seminar on PERCEPT on 13th& 14th March-2020organized by Department of Pharmacy, University of Technology, OU, Hyderabad
- Got 1st place in poster presentation titled with “Synthesis and biological evaluation of Heterocyclic derivatives” in Technosmania- 2K15 organized by UCT, Osamania University during 25th-27th March, 2015 Hyderabad
- Presented Paper entitled synthesis characterization and evaluation of novel thiadiazole derivatives in scientific session of 68th IPC- 2016 held at A.U College of pharmaceutical sciences Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam during 16-18 December, 2016
- As a part-time lecturer for M.Pharm. Programme 2016 & M.Tech. Chemical Technology (Pharmaceutical Chemistry-II) 2017. University College of Technology Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Recognized as examiner for setting question paper for B.Sc. Drug Chemistry by Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad& for Pharmacy by Osmania University
- Recognised as external examiner for M.Pharm. Project viva by JNUT, Ananthapur (AP), Kakatiya University, Waragal& by Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- Conducted practical for B.Sc. Drug Chemistry students organised by Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad.
- 9. Examiner for setting question papers for Pharma. D, B.Pharmacy and M.Pharmacy by Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- Chief examiner for B.Pharmacy final theory papers by O.U.
Research Papers Presentations: International conference: 03
Research Publications: 13
Conferences attended: 50
Oral Presentations at Conferences: 06
Poster Presentations at Conferences: 20
FDP attended: 16
Workshops attended: 10
Training Programs Attended: 02 Sponsored by AICTE
Evaluator at Conferences:Poster presentations: 11
Oral presentations: 5
Project guidance: M.Pharm Projects: 11 & one more student Project on going.
I got the eligibility by Osmania University to guide the students for their Ph.Ds.
Paper evaluator for pre Ph.D. students in Pharmaceutical Chemistry under O.U.
- Life member, Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA), India.
- Life member of Association of Pharmacy Professionals (APP).
- Life member of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI)
- Registered pharmacist, State Pharmacy Council (Telangana).
Hobbies: Reading books, T.V. news and Net information for growth of subject.